Thursday, January 15, 2009

Work them curves

Cue theme music:

Halloween as Tomb Raider
So I have curves. I embrace them. I sometimes despise them when I want a pair of jeans and my butt is the only thing not fitting into them, but all in all we're on pretty good terms. I went to Zumba this morning and that class is more than just a workout. I am instantly transformed into my old dancing self with a hint of salsa infusion in the steps. We literally shake it throughout the whole hour. I love having a little extra cushion back there to actually be able to shake something. In celebration of feeling saucy after Zumba, here are some of my favorite "famous" curvaceous saucy women who work it:


Salma Hayek has some of the best curves ever. And if you've ever seen Fools Rush In she can definitely shake it.

This picture is not photoshopped or anything and she still looks beautiful. Beyonce is fierce curvy and beautiful.


I bet at first glance you have no idea who that is. It's Scarlett Johansson who in magazine shoots you wouldn't guess had a little curve going on. She has like the perfect proportions and totally rocks her bod.

I love Kate Winslet not only for her amazing movies but because she actually lights up a room. She has curves, she knows what to wear with her body type and always looks classy and fabulous.

Kim Kardashian is known for her umm..video and her butt. Kim has the small waist bigger bottom thing going on and I fall into the same category. She does have a great bod and would shake her moneymaker (literally) with pride.

And finally, a blast from the past the original curvaceous girls:
Betty Paige, who brought a legacy of curves to the mainstream and who recently passed away, RIP

and we couldn't do a curves tribute without this girl you may recognize:

Marilyn Monroe...so pretty!!!



I hope this post made you appreciative of your body image and thankful for the way you are. I know I am!!!!

***Back to the gym @ 4 for 75 minutes of pilates... Then who knows for this freelance work scheduled girl?***

No comments:

Post a Comment