Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Notes from the Weekend

Our youngest daughter, soon to be 20, became engaged recently. Her fiance will be leaving in a couple weeks for basic training in the Air Force. On Saturday, I cooked a celebration dinner for them, and his family. At Crystal's request, I made chicken enchiladas for the dinner, and a tossed veggie salad. She was happy! Everyone seemed to enjoy the dinner, so that was good.

I know they seem awfully young, but I wish them the best. I have worried about our youngest for years now, and raising her has been a struggle at times. We love her with all our hearts, and know that we have given her the best that we could and that she knows from our lives, some of what it takes to get through life. We hope that we have given her the base that she needs to make it. And, we married young, and we have made it for nearly 33 years! It CAN be done...with hard work, determination and lots of love and laughter (mostly learning to laugh at yourself, right?).


Anyway, for dessert, I made "red velvet cake" from scratch. I have never made it before, but thought I'd give it a try...let me tell you...YUMMY! So moist and good. Of course cream cheese icing is always so scrumptious, too! (And, just a hint for those of you wondering about The Biggest Loser contest...I used baking splenda for the sugar, reduced fat cream cheese, etc, so it reduced the calories by a lot! And, of course, limited my portion!) But, give it a try...it's so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment