Sunday, January 4, 2009

Meeting People

I went to a yoga class today at a studio I'm considering joining.

I arrived somewhat early and placed my mat next to the one cute guy in the room. Covertly eyeing him in the mirror, I noticed the gold band on his left hand. Figures.

At one point during the class, I struggled with a pose. The crow. In which you balance your knees on your elbows and hold your entire weight on the palms of your hands.
Mr. ICantFigureOutWhichActorHeRemindsMeOf executed it perfectly.

He whispered encouragement to me. I responded that this was my first week back at yoga after a 5 year absence - I can get into position but I'm not strong enough to hold it.

After class he apologized for smiling during my struggle. We chatted a little and I learned that he's been practicing yoga for one year. We talked about what a difference it makes in ones' strength and flexibility. We are both converts. He assured me that I was doing better than a beginner.
He was very nice and friendly - but not overly so considering the ring on his finger.

Of course I couldn't help but wonder if he has a single brother!

So married folks - here's my question: Would it be horribly inappropriate to ask a man (in some way) if there is a reasonable facsimile of him, available out there in the world?
I'm sure there's a greater likelihood of a guy taking such a query as a come on - when in reality - I intend it to be compliment AND a serious inquiry!!

Of course there's always the "develop an acquaintance and see if he offers to introduce me to someone" approach. Which seems to take so long and never yield results!
Maybe just a simple: "You seem like a good guy. Can you think of anyone you'd like to introduce me to?"
The problem is - I think married people should constantly be thinking of who they could introduce - and they really don't tend to do that! So selfish!


As I've said before: I'm never not looking. In fact, I'm always plotting ways to meet a good man! Except of course if I'm already dating one - but that should go without saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment