Monday, January 19, 2009

Hard time

I won't go into details but my boss from my freelance job has accused me of screwing with an audio function on the camera that supposedly messed with all my interviews from the shoot. I won't go into the boring videography stuff but he is saying he can't use ANY OF MY FOOTAGE which isn't true because I watched it and it is fine. He is a perfectionist by the way. I have been an emotional roller coaster since the e-mail. He did not brief me on these settings and he should have checked them prior to me shooting. He should have briefed me on the audio. I feel he is getting crapped on for this and is unloading on me. I am ready to scream because:

A) He is accusing me of something I did not do
B) All my hard work is being overlooked for this
C) I am afraid he won't pay me (freelance means under the table) for my work and I am broke
D) I feel undermined and talked down to for no reason

He also e-mailed me instead of talking and did I mention he was a complete ASS the whole trip? I have stood up for myself and e-mailed him back saying I would simply like to get paid and say goodbye. It's just really hard to face this knowing how hard I worked and after me viewing my work I was happy with it... UGH

I know that has nothing to do with my healthy lifestyle, but my mental health is on the verge of breakdown right now due to this guy.

I had a good weekend too with my friends, but this is one of those instances I have to remain confident in myself and move on from this, or else it will make me crazy. I feel this has opened my eyes to the nasty ways people can try to cover their backs for work....

I need to go lay down and remember that I am a talented, hard working, compassionate girl... and repeat over and over....

“When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudice, and motivated by pride and vanity”

“Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength.”

Breathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment