Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I have to praise you...

Cue Fatboy Slim....




That video is the epitome of confidence

I know I'm jumping the gun but I feel like I am at the beginning of a great thing. This running shiz really is a different workout all in itself. I have muscles and parts deep in the caves of my body that have been screaming the past 3 days. Not to mention I had the hardest workout in a strength class EVER yesterday. I really feel like as opposed to my normally scheduled workout I have been doing FOREVER that running is really going to get my weight loss ball rolling... So I praise myself in overcoming my fear and running (I was always to scared that I wouldn't make it past 1 minute).

I also had a really good conversation with my mom tonight. She has been on her own weight loss journey since September and has already lost 50 pounds! She still wants to loose more but hearing her tell me how good she feels now and the confidence level she has gained since loosing was inspiring. She is such an inspiration to me and she said these words, "Erin, you are already confident & beautiful, but I know you would feel more comfortable at the weight you said you wanna be". And it's true. I am confident , but I would feel so much better ESP. this summer being at my best weight during the best years of my life with the best health possible.

So there.
I have a long way to go but as long as I keep praising myself for what I have done before thinking of where I have to go I'll remain confident.

Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” - E. E. Cummings quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment