Monday, January 26, 2009

The first step is the hardest


I've been converted.

Today I began my 1st step to running my 1st 5k. I always swore by ellipticals and have been using them for like 8 years, BUT my sister is running in a 5k in April and has convinced me to join her. Now let me remind you I am not the fastest runner and need a lot of work but the beginning is always hard.

I ran cross-country back in the day and did hurdles for track, so when I began running today I got flashbacks of the races. I also for some odd reason pictured my ex-boyfriend on the sideline and me leaving him in the dust. Talk about motivation and feeling powerful. I also was in one of those, "my time of the month is any day now and I will bite off your head" moods so the run actually refreshed my mind in a way yoga does surprisingly.

I ran for 23 minutes which is good for me and I hope to be running the full 5k in April. My plan is to pace myself and add minutes of running each time, and doing intervals. It's hard but I'm committed now.

Wow. This is the start of something scary, but good scary like riding a rollercoaster or the feeling you get before performing on stage. Yup. Erin is running. I never thought I would say it.


P.S - AC was ridiculous but ridiculous in a good way (lol). Remind me never to consume vodka again.

No comments:

Post a Comment