Monday, April 6, 2009

Work-out Sanctuary

Last night I set-up my new (well new hard drive) computer in my bedroom and for the 1st time it worked! I connected to the internet and started getting excited on the simple fact that I can do yoga and the shred in my bedroom. It was storming out as well, so no bike ride today. My room has a clear space and this morning I took full advantage of this.

I started off with Jillian Michael's Shred Level 2 (Youtubed) which had me sweating a ton, BUT I worked out in my sport bra and shorts, got to yell, take up as much room as I want (no cranky old ladies) and pause if I needed to pee/answer the phone; all things that would not fly at the gym. I liked the Level 2, (in a love/hate abusive relationship kinda way) I have only done Level 3 and they both seemed hard in different ways but I definitely find the transition of cardio to strength to abs a great combo, and makes it go by faster. Then I did a 15 minute abs class on YouTube by some girl from SparkPeople? It was basic but good abs work. I started writing shred on the calendar each day I do it. I'm hoping by Canada (April 25th) I'll have mastered this shred business.

After the shred & abs, I turned the lights off, lit my Jimi Hendrix incense (circa 2001), and I did YogaDownload's Yoga for Runners #1 because I felt tighter today than yesterday from the race. The class was great, except I got a little lost in the middle so I did some teasers, lol. That's another plus to my new yoga sanctuary at home, you can alter moves and not feel like an a hole.

Don't get me wrong, I would've worked out in my room eons ago, but having the instruction is always what keeps my interest and motivates me.

Tonight my sister and I are heading to yoga at the gym and to do some running. I have another job interview Wednesday, and tomorrow who knows? One day I'll revel in these jobless random days I call my life.....Off to make some lunch...

P.S. If you have XM Radio through DirecTV or whatever, I discovered my new favorite station called "Coffee House" on channel 848, acoustic, chill, calm, awesome.

Today in the blog world there's a lot going on --- Angela from Oh She Glows is giving away some chocolate (that's all I need to say), The Hungry Yogini is giving away a month's supply of Fage, Find Your Balance is giving away a Kripalu Vegetarian Cookbook, and Meghann from Inner Workings of A College Graduate is having a blogger bake sale to raise money for her Team in Training efforts. If you have some cravings for deliciousness and also want to help a good cause, head over!

Meditation of the Day
(Happy Birthday Ram Dass)

Be patient. You'll know when it's time for you to wake up and move ahead.- Ram Dass

No comments:

Post a Comment