Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Review of the Trip

Hello. I am back from our trip to Omaha. We got home last night, and I am a little tired today...but sure did have a good trip. We not only learned a lot of wonderful new things, saw a lot of great gadgets and fun tips and tricks, but renewed our vision and love of technology. It is great to be with these people, to hear what others are doing, and network with so many wonderful new friends. It was also great to travel with my friend, S. We always have a good time together, and I do enjoy her company so much! S and I attended a workshop on Wednesday all day ahead of the NETA conference, so we got into Omaha on Tuesday.

Our rooms at the Embassy Suites were completely amazing, and the people working there were all so accomodating! It was such a treat to stay there. I thought, wow, I must be a "hick from the sticks" to think it was so great and that all the amenities were so amazing, but I think everyone felt the same way! Not only did they host a manager's reception each evening, they also had a wonderful made to order breakfast, in addition to a state of art workout room, I loved the treadmills! I took a bunch of pictures (click to view in photo albums)...so I am putting the slideshow on here...



We enjoyed dinner on Tuesday night at a recommended Mexican restaurant, called Azteca! It was very yummy! Wednesday, S and I attended a workshop all day. Then, we went shopping right after it ended....I got some really good buys! I have pictures of my shoes and watches on the slideshow! They were really great buys. I got a couple tops as well, and we had a blast. We then went to the Managers reception for snacks and drinks at the motel, while we waited for the rest of our group to arrive. We enjoyed dinner at the restaurant at the motel with them that night. I did get a workout in early Thursday morning...but not much else, other than a lot of walking...so will have to push hard again now...

The NETA conference started on Thursday, and had wonderful keynote speakers and sessions. It was great to learn new things, meet and talk to new and old
friends, and connect. That night, we went shopping a bit with K and J before we went to downtown Omaha for supper, where we ate at Upstreams, and it was wonderful.

Friday morning, we attended another keynote address and sessions before we headed out around noontime....we stopped in Lincoln for lunch, and took turns driving home. I was tired, but enjoyed the trip. I am glad to be home...sorry this post is so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment