Friday, April 3, 2009

Getting to know youuuu....

Food version 1.0

Thought it would be fun to do a post dedicated to my love of food.., ya know cause there is nothing better to do on a rainy afternoon...

How often do you think about eating?

Probably whenever I'm dormant for more than a half an hour, and breakfast, lunch and dinnertime, clearly

Coffee craving?
I love coffee. At home I have Chock Full Of Nuts Hazelnut with a little creamer or whatever other generic brand is in the house. Seasonally, Spring summer ice, Fall Winter skim vanilla lattes or just plain old coffee.

Favorite hometown food?
Seafood. I live a mile from the bay and 10 minutes from the ocean so Mud City Crab House,

and I can't forget for a non-seafood restaurant, Chicken or the Egg , by far the best wings in the world with 12 different sauces including the Ludicrous sauce... the hottest. I HAVE tasted it and shortly after regretted it with every bone in my body. It's opened 24 hours too, and close to fun bars.. You do the math.

Ever been served breakfast in bed?
I think my mom has brought me oatmeal when I was sick once, not so memorable....

Your absolutely reliable, go-to dish for entertaining is:
Shrimp, Feta, Orzo Casserole & fresh Bruschetta...

Food that makes you gag?
I'll try anything. I have yet to gag from food....weird. I do hate black beans.

Worst kitchen disaster:
Recently, I decided to bake homemade cupcakes and when preparing the icing forgot to add the cream cheese. It tasted so disgustingly sweet and I couldn't figure it out. After contemplating for a good 20 minutes, I looked in the microwave where I began heating the cream cheese up. Duh.

Three things in your refrigerator right now:
I share it with my family. The things I have been eating the most:

  • Sabra Sun-dried tomato hummus
  • Tuna Casserole I made
  • Franks Red Hot Sauce
  • Blackberries


Your idea of a romantic meal is:
Making dinner together. I'm thinking seafood, scallops, shrimp in a delish sauce. White wine, asparagus and a chocolate lava cake for dessert....all I need is a boyfriend now.

Secret snack of shame?
Doritos. Hands down.

Most ambitious thing you’ve ever done in the kitchen:
Try to cook Thanksgiving turkey, failure. Vegetable lasagna, all fresh veggie and homemade cheese mixture, success.

Best restaurant if you’re not paying:

Renault Winery in Egg Harbor City, NJ or Dock's Oyster House in Atlantic City, NJ

If you were a cocktail, what would you be?
My old boss actually dedicated one to me. A Cucumber infused gin spritzer. The Cuc-tail. I love cucumbers and gin and he would smash the cucumbers into the mixture.

Extra Credit: Where is the world’s best pizza?
Not a big pizza person, but Naples down the road from me is awesome. NY/NJ style pizza outshines any other state. I'm sure Italy would be the best place in the world, clearly.

Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

I love breakfast, because I love mornings, I'm weird.

This was fun. Now I am hungry. Cya!

No comments:

Post a Comment