Monday, May 18, 2009

What fuels you?

I woke up this morning, very pleased that I had the whole day off to do whatever I please. A wave of "To-dos" started flooding my head, but I ignored them all. I decided to reflect on the activities, places, things and emotions that fuel me and almost give me a tune up after a busy week. They include in no particular order,

1. Coffee drinking on my back porch
2. Channel surfing mindless television
3. Going mindless shopping by myself
4. Manicure/Pedicure
5. Bike riding
6. Making mixed CDs (yes I am sooo old-skool)
7. Searching for quotes online
8. Shutting off my cellphone
9. Job-hunting in my dream cities (in moderation)
10. Talks with my sister
11. Looking up ____ photography (insert object, weather type or place) online
12. Yoga
13. Turquoise & red, together
14. Grey skies
15. Coffee shops
16. Reading Rolling Stone, keeping a pad & paper near to write down music
17. Gardening
18. Writing/Reading
19. The feeling of possibilities, not too far away...
20. Sundresses
21. Buying cards for people, just because
22. Driving my jeep, windows down
23. Convos about music
24. Dirty martinis
25. Guys with pretty eyes
26. Beach
27. The perfect song that comes on the radio with the perfect lyrics
28. Irises/Lilies

That was a total random assortment, mainly pertaining to my mood today.... But when I am in the company of any of those, they fuel me....breath a little life back into my busy mind...

What fuels you?

No comments:

Post a Comment