Saturday, May 2, 2009

Canada...& I am spent

WOW! Canada was amazing! The river, fishing, town, people and spending time with my dad was amazing. I have about 100 pictures that I haven't even had time to upload yet! I caught 5 steelhead rainbow trout and my dad caught 9! It wasn't all about catching the fish though. Float fishing is about patience, technique, concentration and focus. Those fish take you for a ride! They come from the ocean to spawn back in the river where they grew up. My birthday was great up there too. My dad took me to a British-cuisine restaurant (it was different) which was reeeally good. Like expected, I ate A LOT of meats, fish and chili and the occasional Molson. It was a once in a lifetime experience and I cannot wait to go again! While I was there. I found myself missing Colorado, new experiences, challenges and adventures and the wheels in my head began turning on my next "move".

Speeding up to the present, I am in full-swing at my new job and today I worked/trained for about 10 hours. We drove 12 hours yesterday from Canada, so I am volatile, tired, and in a very agitated mood. I don't usually get like this, but I think the 12 hour fishing days, driving and work has caught up to me.

My mom and sis took care of my garden when I was gone and everything sprouted when we had our heat wave! The peas are climbing, the lettuce and tomatoes and spinach are coming up, EVERYTHING is growing so well. I am so happy.

I will post pictures another day, I am sooooo tired. Did I mention that already?

Goodnite!

No comments:

Post a Comment