Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Reclaiming Paris


I finished Reclaiming Paris by Fabiola Santiago and I must say it was quite the read. Lusty, romantic, heartbreaking, bittersweet & full of revelations & poetry. It is not your average romance novel at all. Marisol, the main character, deals with past exile from Cuba, moving to America, defeating past demons and of course her international love affairs. The book reminded me that you do not need to specify an "arrival time" when you say to yourself, "I am finished, this is me; I will never change". It proves that at the most unexpected times in your life, places, people and even a moonlit night can change you. I would recommend it highly to those of us who hate the cheese factor in most romance novels and like strong, independent characters with spunk.
Short excerpt:
"I question myself all the time, during the frenzy of my drives to meet him whenever he has a moment, during the wanting nights in my own bed, on days like today when the what-ifs of history haunt me and I confuse the residual scent of losses with the fragrance of new desire."
So far Chronicles - Bob Dylan is phenomenal:-)
As for my life recently, I have been enjoying my work routine. I got thrown a curve ball though when I unexpectedly got accepted to attend a cinematography seminar in California. I do not know if I can get off of work (annoying dilemma). People for all over the world attend to learn about the pursuit of independence, liberty & freedom in the times we live in now through the arts. It sounds so interesting and I would get to see Orange County, Cali! The question is though, can I get off work? I don't want to lose this job, I really like it a lot.....UGH.
Also, I STILL haven't been back to the gym since Canada, lol, but that will change tomorrow at Zumba. Talk about a hiatus. I have maintained my weight loss though so yay. Hope all is well...~Erin
Meditation of the Day
Eventually, there is the right place in this world for all of us - My mom in response to my best friend finding a job!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment