Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Trouble About It


The trouble about losing weight is wishing it would just be gone. All at once. Right now! I have been keeping at a slow pace, and continuing downward. I had a doctor appointment the other day, and she said I was doing it the right way. I know that there are clothes I could not wear last fall that I can now wear easily. That is a good marker for me. I have had a couple people mention that it looks like I lost weight, so that is nice. Of course, the people you want to notice are the ones who say nothing.

I really liked some advice given by both trainers on "The Biggest Loser" last week...in saying you have to have a balance in your life. They made so much sense. It seems like there are extremes, not only in the overeating and not exercising, but in those who never allow themselves any pleasures at all. You have to be able to enjoy that piece of wedding cake, to give yourself a break if you miss one day of your regimen. I hope I can learn the balance, but I do agree, I am doing it slowly but surely, and if I have a treat here and there, I won't go bezerk. I will just get right back into my routine. That seems to be better than going hog wild either way.

Anyway, I won't be winning the weight loss contest here at work; I have heard of a couple people with big losses. I also heard of some doing all these cleanses, taking meds, etc. I just want to do things the healthy way, and I guess if I don't win the contest, I will win with myself anyway.

Hanging in there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment