Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Miss California 2009 Carrie Prejean may lose Her Crown

Miss California 2009 Carrie Prejean insisted in an e-mail to pageant director Keith Lewis that the topless photo of herself that leaked online Tuesday is the only one Carrie Prejean posed for. The beauty queen wears only pink rhinestone-studded panties and a seductive smile in the shot.

"This was when I was 17 years old," Prejean, 21, wrote, per TMZ. "I was a minor. It was when I was first getting into the modeling world, being naive, and young. I shouldn't have taken the photo of me in my underwear. There are no other photos of me. This was the only one I took." "I'm absolutely stunned," he said. "This completely changes things for us. Yesterday we thought she had explained things accurately. We need to revisit this issue with her."


Pageant director Keith Lewis' declaration comes just after reports that pageant officials are debating whether to strip Prejean of her crown.

The contract, which all contestants are required to sign, contains a clause asking participants whether they have ever been photographed nude or partially nude and if they conducted themselves "in accordance with the highest ethical and moral standards."

Prejean fought back after the photos leaked online Tuesday, telling Us Weekly, "I am not perfect, and I will never claim to be -I am a Christian, and I am a model. Models pose for pictures, including lingerie and swimwear photos."

No comments:

Post a Comment