Friday, May 22, 2009

Good Morning SUMMER!

Photo via Sabino

Summer is "unofficially" here according to Memorial Day kick-off. I live by the ocean, near L.B.I., which attracts many, MANY, tourists from all over. While they DO bring business to our little island, they also bring traffic, massive amounts of unnecessary beach items, questions I couldn't even dream of & sometimes pushy attitudes. The pace of the island in the spring, fall & winter is calm, serene, laid-back and quiet. Locals cringe when this weekend rolls around. When summer arrives it's like a huge transformation. You get unfamiliar faces, people with vacation schedules & stress . It's a schizophrenic place. The island is like a huge hotel and we are accommodating people from all over the country.

This will the first summer in 3 years I am home, so I am reminded of this pivotal cross-over to summer. Who knows if I'll survive it, especially working in the midst of it.

Does your town change personalities in the summer???

No comments:

Post a Comment