Monday, March 16, 2009

To Tanqueray or not to Tanqueray....

That was the question.....and apparently I opted for tanqueray gin martinis at Tanya's wedding...
<----A shot of my friend Tanya and some of my friends and I at her wedding. (Her dress was soooo pretty.......I'm far right)

<---Another group shot of all of us at the wedding...

The ceremony was pretty, the groom was actually crazy though, but I love Tanya...On to the indulgences.

The appetizers were delish and included this bacon shrimp thing, pigs in a blanket and a chicken stir fry. The dinner was a buffet and I got flounder, veggies and penne.


<---Me with my bf Sonia As you can see I was pretty hungry. We danced, drank, and were very very merry. The wedding was over at around 7pm and I was so uhh... "tired" (dirty tanqueray martini #4) that I fell asleep in my friend's car on the way home and was in bed by 9pm. That's what you get for going to a wedding during the day. It is always a good (slightly mischevious) time with my friends:)

So Sunday I met my friends at breakfast, and heard the gossip that surrounded them all going out after the wedding (bad newwwws if you have been drinking for 5 hours). Yeah I am glad I passed out at home prior to that. I got 2 eggs and some hash browns & coffee. Made some tortellinis for dinner and skipped the gym.

Today I had a doctor's apt. I needed to get to start subbing, and got a TB test. Then, my sister and I went thrift store shopping and to the gym. I wasn't expecting to run AT ALL, but something came over me and I wanted to see how fast I truly could run a mile. I did the first one in 9:56 and then took a 20 minute break for weights. I decided to jump back on and beat that time and ended up with a mile time of 9:23! Mind you, I was exhausted but I was proud that I completed it so fast. I did another half mile and walked a half and did the elliptical for 10 mins. I feel like my breathing has gotten so much better and I am gaining more confidence.

On a deeper note, I was telling my sister that running is so great because you always can push the envelope with a new goal or personal best. Physically it is SO MUCH DIFFERENT than the elliptical I loyally used since I was 14. I feel like I am gaining strength in places that I never could before and I feel better all around. So thanks sister for convincing me to do the 5k. It's a venture I am so grateful to have taken on....

And with that... my friends, margaritas (wait tomorrow is St. Patty's Day not Cinco De Mayo, oh well) and Scene It are calling my name.

goodnite everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment