Friday, March 27, 2009

Makeshift Zen Garden

This morning I woke up feeling a little out of sorts, (the lady from the job interview said she would call yesterday and still hasn't), I haven't gotten called to sub yet (really annoying), and I am feeling unmotivated lately with running. That time of the month maybe??? I don't know. Something wasn't right this morning, until......
I walked outside and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! (You can see the bird flying if you look closely) It's about 70 degrees here. It's amazing what a little sun and warm weather can do for your mood. I decided to make steel cut oats with delicious additions such as:
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • splash of vanilla extract
  • tbsp pb
  • 10 chocolate morsels
  • walnuts
  • flax seed
  • skim milk
  • dash of cinnamon
I also made a hard boiled egg (I am obsessed with eggs).







I thought my set-up with coffee, oatmeal, a rock from one of my dad's trips and his bonsai tree looked like a zen garden. Definitely brought me good balance. It was so peaceful, except for the fact that the birds where sooooo loud! They are definitely fighting over territory or something. I read some of my book "Reclaiming Paris", and was transformed into the woman's sultry tale of love.... then I was woken up to reality shortly after. I have been totally blah when it comes to running. I haven't ran since my last entry (on Tuesday), which is not good being that the race is 11 days away. My sister and I may go running to the bay (3.3 miles) later on today. It's a sore subject, literally, for me right now. I have been getting annoying shin splints....

On a deeper note, I am so sick of NOT KNOWING where my future is going in the job realm of things. I mean, if I did not get this job, the lady should have just told me yesterday. Instead I am waiting around for news that most likely is bad. At least I have the nice weather to keep me balanced today... GRR...

Also as an added bonus to this post (lol), I thought I would share with you pictures of where I go to retreat (aka my bedroom)! It says a lot about me. It's calm, cozy, eclectic and I think the decor almost resembles a cafe. I love retreating here... I painted the walls luscious (yes luscious) purple as soon as I moved back home in August. This is where the magic (who am I kidding) happens....


















I had to sell my full bed in Colorado because that obviously wasn't fitting in my jeep. I love my room because each and every picture, decoration and piece has some meaning or memory for me. I have all of New Belgium's brew posters lined on one wall (Skinny Dip is my favorite brew), with my hiking and fishing hat and my favorite scarf. I've had that comforter since Junior year of college and I still love it. That purple blanket is from CityChic and it's softer than a baby's bottom.This is my nightstand with my little inspirational book "Buddha's Little Instruction Book", My necklace holder, a vase from LBI, candles that don't light anymore but they're pretty, a collage picture my sister gave me last year for my bday when I was in Colorado and my ten dollar lamp.Above is my VERY EXPENSIVE ART COLLECTION. My own little art gallery consisting of Van Gogh's Cafe' Terrace at Night and a vintage Sailor Jerry poster I got last night out. C'mon I'm only 23, I have years to add art to my walls:-)

Well ,that about does it for me. Hope you all are enjoying your day. Have a great weekend, It's gonna rain here!!

P.S. - My sister Dana is trying out to be an Eagles Cheerleader tomorrow! It is such a selective process and I give her so much credit for doing it! She's been working out so hard and I am so proud of her! So if you get a second send her a little good luck message over at her blog. I'm sure she'd appreciate it! Love ya Sister!

P.P.S - I am in NO WAY getting married anytime soon, but if I was, I would opt for this 5 dollar dress , soooo pretty!!! (link courtesy of A CUP OF JO)

Meditation of the Day

Every challenge could have paradise behind it. - Blues Traveler, Stand

No comments:

Post a Comment