Friday, March 20, 2009

15 days away....WHAT?!

This morning I woke up to my alarm set for pilates at 7am. I've become lazy with waking up to work out, and I like going with my sister because it is more fun. This morning I refused to give into my comfy bed and went to pilates.

A funny thing happened this morning though, well more like a WTF moment. I set my mat down and walked to get a cushion mat from the storage room and this older lady was complaining about everything and when I was walking out I saw her kick the edge of my mat and then she turned to me and said "Sorry" snottily, and then was gossiping with her friend that I was "in her spot" and the light was in her eyes. Is it just me or are a lot of these older gym ladies really catty, moreso then 20-somethings like me. They also boast the whole time about their millions of classes etc.. etc.. and how hard it all is. I thought she was so rude. Who gives a sh*** where you sit. My sister and I always joke about the certain ones who act like their sh** doesn't stink or like gym nazis (that would be a good Seinfeld episode). Oh well, I didn't move. Have any of you ever had a rude encounter at the gym?

The teacher I goto has a lot of training in pilates and today's class was intense. We did boomerangs, grasshoppers, teasers upon teasers and other animal names I am forgeting. I love how my abs are activated the whole time and I feel the work afterwards. After the gym I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts (my mom bought me a gift card) and got a small coffee w/ skim and one of those new egg white turkey sausage flatbreads. It was kinda dry and I wish I had ketchup for it. At 280 calories I would've rather had a bowl of cheerios with a banana or something.
Another WHAT?! moment today is that it is snowing on the first day of spring and my friends and I were planning on going camping tonight. What gives? I also just realized the 5k is 15 days away.... Yes, that mayyyy seem like a lot but I am kinda freaking out. I know I can run 3 miles but now I need to find a steady pace so I don't wear myself out the first mile.

I also am now an official substitute so I am going to begin getting calls during the day, so I'll have to squeeze in runs afterward. I ran a solid 10:08 mile yesterday and pilates for an hour and zumba. Good cardio day. Well, I didn't get called to sub today (I am a little nervous!) so I will soak up this weekend and hope I start working and making $ next week.

P.S. - I went to see Watchmen (I love Robert Downey Jr.) and well, my friends and I left halfway through it. Was I missing something because it was so confusing and supposed to be an action movie not a super-hero soap opera. Oh well. Now I just wanna see I Love You, Man.

P.P.S- Do you like POM? Angela is giving away free coupons in a contest soooo head over there. Katie is also giving away a copy of "The World is Fat"!

Happy Friday and hope you're at least getting springlike weather, NJ is NOT!

Meditation of the Day
"
Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us." My best friend Kim and I (she's laughing...lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment