Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another Day...

I haven't thought of anything funny, smart, interesting or even dull to write about. I am feeling better, and thank you to your good wishes about my health. I just had a case of the "achys"...you know where EVERYTHING hurts, even your hair folicles and eye sockets? Yuk. I rested the day away on Tuesday, and the doggies were right there to rest with me, cuddle and just make me smile. I do feel better, my ears still are feeling a bit funny, and my head gets achy, but otherwise, today even the lower back is better. I am hoping that my day of rest fought off whatever bug was trying to attack me!

I was pretty busy yesterday at work, preparing a training and then helping with that training at the end of the day, causing me to rush to exercise class, which felt good. On Monday night, it just felt funny, I must have been starting to catch that darned bug. Then, Tuesday, of course, I missed it, so last night felt really good.

Then, home to hubby, where one of our
great re-occurring conversations occurred. (And for each Ummmm....picture a lip curling up or nose wrinkling):

Me: What do you want for supper? Him: I don't care, I'm just hungry Me: How about spaghetti? Him: Ummm.... Me: goulash? Him: Ummmm.... Me: Want me to run get something Him: Ummmm.... Me: How about Chinese? Him: Chinese? That's all you ever want...chinese? Me: It's just a suggestion, we don't have many choices here...how about I just cook you a hamburger Him: Ummmm... Me: Want to just go out Him: No! I don't want to go anywhere Me: What are you hungry for? Him: I don't know, I'm just hungry Me thinking to self: You have sat here since 3:45 and it is now 6:15. If you were so hungry, why didn't you start something Me talking outloud: Well, we only have mexican, chinese or maybe a sandwich or burger to run get here Him: Hmmm.... Me: I am just making you a hamburger and fries and I'll make myself something else.

Geez, anyone else ever hear that crap? The only thing better is when I say what do you want? and he says "food". Yikes. Mind you, most days I do plan ahead, but in doubt, I set out hamburger to defrost, which was what I had done.

By the way, for me, I cooked mushrooms in a pan with butter flavored pam, and then cut up leftover steak with the mushrooms, and had asparagus...and a glass of wine...and not saying how big the glass was...ha. (He had already ate leftover steak for lunch.)


No comments:

Post a Comment