Sunday, March 22, 2009

Being outside makes the heart grow fonder

I realized just how bad I miss being outside after this weekend. Last time I updated I was mad because it was snowing on the first day of Spring and my friends and I were supposed to go camping. Long story short, we said screw the weather, went anyway, and although it got down to 27 degrees and hailed in the beginning, we stayed over and it was glorious. We made sausage and peppers and then later on came up with the brilliant idea to put sausage/peppers mixture on top of our hot dogs (who's judging when we're camping and have weathered hail????)We stayed in a lean-to (a small cabin with a wood stove) and they had bathrooms which was nice (no hikes through the woods) yet they were stinky like their usual accommodations in the woods...
...Kim and I happier out of the bathroom.

It was so nice being outside and getting away (even though it was more civilized then some camping locals) from the hustle and bustle. The stars were amazing and the fire felt so good in the near freezing temps.

I woke up Saturday morning pretty early (didn't get much sleep) and we went and got eggs and hash browns. I came home and was so tired from the night before, so giving into my laziness, all I did yesterday afternoon was watch The Godfather (sooo friggin' good, I had never seen it) and got Chinese food. Total and utter indulgence. I swear I have one day a week where I go all out and give into temptation and all my hard work for the week goes down the tubes. Oh well, it was delicious, the movie was great and I was in bed by 9pm.....that's how tired I was.

Today my dad took my sister and I to his gun club to shoot targets. Dana and I are not hunters at all, haha, but we like the fun and skill of target shooting. We shot rifles and shotguns for about 4 hours and I wont 25 bucks! If a culprit would've been coming at me when I shot the shotgun, I would've hit him 3 times out of 7 shots at 50 feet, which is pretty good for my first time (haha sortof). It was a beautiful day out too. Dana and I came home and I biked to the bay while she ran. I knew I wouldn't make it running today. Then we got home and did a yogadownload Vinyasa Flow which was kinda hard but good. I swear I feel so good after getting so much fresh air this weekend.

This week I have a job interview Wednesday and tomorrow my dad and I are heading to Cabelas since we're leaving for Canada to go fishing in 3 weeks (I swear I am not a hick, haha, I seriously just love the outdoors). Hopefully I get a run in tomorrow and some strength work.

Hope you all had a great weekend and have Spring fever has much as I do!

Meditation of the Day
A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves.
-Marcel Proust

No comments:

Post a Comment