Friday, March 13, 2009

Mind games

Heyyy after a 5 day long hiatus. This week I've been kind of all over the place with job apps, errands for my current job prospects, gyming, running, wedding present shopping etc.. etc.. Craziness.... All in all I would've been healthier this week but, I did run 3.4 miles Wednesday so yay for that. I also ran a mile Monday to my friend's house and then did Zumba twice and weights twice, so pretty good.

Honestly nothing crazy to report, same old same old. There is a problem though at my house and it involves these little circles of deliciousness. (I went on a rampage and ate 8 last night...yes 8...and I am not one to binge but THEY ARE SO GOOD)

Also, I have been feeling pretty good about myself these past couple of days with working out eating better, and then of course a couple pics are tagged on facebook and I feel like I look huge. I don't know if it's the bad angles, or the outfit or whatever but it makes me frustrated. Then in other pics I look okay...Ugh, maybe I am just being hard on myself but does anyone else ever get those few "WTF" pictures and wanna crawl in a hole?

Running is definitely getting easier, but I am still nervous for the 5k. I ran to the bay with my sister and dad which is about 3.4 miles. We stopped at the end for 5 minutes. It's a little harder I feel running outside, but I love it so much more. My mind just needs to quiet down when I am running. My goal is the 5k in under 30 minutes....that's shedding about a minute and 10 seconds off my current time on the treadmill. I have 22 days to do this and I figure if I run at least 10 miles a week I can pick up the pace. This week so far I've done 7.5.

I also wanted to give a shout-out to my old college roommate Danielle who randomly found me in the blog world. How crazy is that? She saw my sister's pic and thought it looked like me so she went to Dana's page and found mine. I haven't talked to her since my Sophomore year of college and it was great finding her again. Also a big coincidence we both have blogs about living healthy, such a small world. So hi Danielle!!!!

Well, tomorrow is my friend Tanya's wedding and if you know weddings as well as I do (with about 10 of my good friends) then you know I am going to be indulging in a lot of food and alcohol (and dancing)...

Katie @ Because Katie Says So! had a sweet posting idea I thought I'd take part in!

The rules are as follows:
1. Go to your picture files or wherever you store your pictures on your computer.

2. Go to the sixth folder and select the sixth picture.

3. Post it on your blog and tell the story behind the picture.

4. Go tell it on the mountain. Or to other bloggers.



What a good one! This is my sister and I at my place of work last summer, Shambhala Mountain Center. She was helping me pack up. I lived in a tent all summer and worked at the center, meditating, watching no tv, using no cellphone and being in the mountains of Colorado (8,000 ft.) I decided after a summer in the mountains that I was homesick and would live in Colorado someday down the road when I had money or a family......it sucked.

Luckily, I had my sister who dropped everything flew out and helped me pack up my life and traveled almost 2,000 miles with me across America...She is my best friend and I love her for it and will never forget that crazy ass car ride. She didn't know how to drive stick so we had some rough parts of the drive!!!


P.S. Check out this amazing new band I discovered. There name is Blitzen Trapper. Chill music with a little country soul.....ahhh....Here's their song Furr-

No comments:

Post a Comment