Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Travelers Part II

After we arrived in Rochester, we did spend two nights there. I have some photos to share, but have to get them downloaded. My daughter had an appointment at Mayo Clinic on Wednesday morning. There, she got an answer to a medical problem that had been bothering her for quite some time, and it was a simple answer, so we felt so relieved. When you deal with something for a while, and cannot get any answers, keep getting referred on to someone else, you do worry, so it was a blessing to get an answer, and find that nothing horrible was wrong.

So, the rest of our time there was spent enjoying ourselves. We shopped (mostly SHE shopped...ha!) and watched, and walked and enjoyed things. The clinic itself is so amazing, just unbelievable. I had never been there, so I was in awe of it all. There are walkways between motels and clinic buildings, called subways, and you never even have to go outside, should you not want to. They even connect to shopping, eateries and such. There are also skywalks. It was really cold there, but we did go outside and enjoy some of the ambience of the area. I will try to download my photos soon. We did have to get up bright and early once again to come home! We got up at 4, I think.

Our trip home was mostly uneventful, no drama at the Minneapolis airport this time. I had checked my bag just in case..I was not about to drag it behind me running again! We made the flight connections fine, even had time to grab coffee and go to the restroom! My daughter in law picked us up at the airport, and we had lunch, and did a little more shopping in Denver before heading home. We got pretty tired, and about five miles out of town, while I was driving, the State Patrol pulled me over...he said I had crossed the center line, and more than once. After telling him I was just tired (I am sure he thought I had been drinking...) he did only give me a warning. He asked if there was anything suspicious in the car? I'm like, what? He said that they noticed a "brown paper bag" behind my seat...OMG! No, it wasn't alcohol, merely a food sack from our brief stop for a taco which we ate along the road. I was like, Um, we have cookies, present, I don't know....geez! Anyway, he asked if I was awake enough to drive home, and I said, ya, you have woke me right up! (with fear, of course!). Plus, I only had about five miles to go....! My daughter said we had to have some kind of "ending" memory to our trip. Guess so, but why me?

No comments:

Post a Comment