Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Seafood, Bloody Marys, and I'm content

Merry Christmas Eve to all!

My hiatus has been much to long, due to my crazy life lately. I had work training Monday and learned that I'll be staying on Canal Street in New Orleans a BLOCK from Bourbon Street and 3 blocks from the French Quarter. I'm SOO EXCITED!

Yesterday my sister and I went shopping all day, then went to the gym. I did about 45 on the Elliptical and a bunch of weight lifting, abs, and legs. I got home and was soooo exhausted so I read Eclipse and dreamed of the food I have been making alll day today!

So my sister and I got up at 6:20 and did spinning at 7. Lisa (our instructor) played Trans-Siberian Orchestra and though I was sweating it was well worth it. I must've been tired because my shirt was on backwards the whole time. We then ventured to the super market to get our Christmas Eve, Christmas spread for my family.

Today we have been having:
Crab meat dip
Bruschetta
homemade bloody marys (Ina Garten's recipe is a-mazing)

For Dinner:
Shrimp (I deveined & peeled about 50, UGH)
Scallops in butter, wine and lemon
mashed potatoes
cauliflower el gratin (spelling?)

Dessert:
Blueberry Pie

This Christmas is like most of our others, except I do not have an urgency like I did last year to squeeze everything in due to my living far away. I AM leaving the 30th for New Orleans but I'm only gone for 4 days:)

During Christmas I always try to reflect on the greatest moments of the year. This year has definitely been my most adventurous and craziest thus far. I am thankful always for my family who through thick and thin have helped me out. Right now, when I am getting back on my feet, they help me out so much and for that I am grateful. I am grateful for the friends and for my sister who constantly surround me with positive energy and love.

Who knows what '09 will bring. That's the fun in it!

If I don't get to blogging tomorrow have a great Christmas and relax, replenish and ravage some delicious food!

~*Erin*~

No comments:

Post a Comment