Friday, December 12, 2008

Haulin' Oats

Do any of you remember the song "Rich Girl" by Haulin' Oats? So catchy! After all the heavy lifting I've been doing this morning I figured Haulin' & Oats would be an appropriate post name. I woke up and took the trash out, brought it back (it's about a quarter mile walk to the street), then moved all the X'mas boxes to the basement, set up the nativity scene and phew! I'm done. I made a bowl of steel cut oats I had from a couple of days ago:
They included:
1 cup steel cut oats
splash of skim milk
2 tblsp. flax seeds
tblsp of crushed pecans
drizzle of honey
tblsp of strawberry jam & crunchy peanut butter

I call these oats peanut butter and jelly and then some. The PB&J always does the trick and I always try to add at least one type of nut. Yummmmmmm.

I also had my routine 1st cup of coffee (there will be many more!)
Here are pictures of my Christmas tree (we cut it down and it had pinecones and grapevine on it!) & Nativity scene my grandmother handmade! It's so beautiful esp. when it snows outside behind it, (which is rare in NJ on Christmas):

The Benihana VIP dinner was A-mazing! Clearly with hibachi you can't go wrong! My sister and I split the Saki sampler (I like saki a lot!) and split a California sushi roll. THEN we got a shrimp appetizer, soup, salad , veggies, rice and our shrimp hibachi! It was delicious. My two good friends work there and I am hoping maybe to get a part time job hostessing until my prospective 2 job leads come through!

I find with December rolling right around I don't have the same EXCITEMENT I usually had in the past years when I would come home from school or Colorado. But, It feels nice to be home and not have to worry about traveling during the season.

I'll be flying out to New Orleans over New Years for a freelance position shooting the Sugar Bowl half-time show, so I'm preparing for that. If only I had a lap-top to document my trip!

Okay, this post is way to long. Gym in 2 then who knows??

Maybe finishing New Moon, (it just got really good!)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment