Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Orleans in 24 hours!!

This post will be short due to my need to relax as much as possible before my crazy week (see previous post to hear about it). I'll be at the Sugar Bowl working.

Christmas was AMAZING! I had already gotten my gym membership and I also got a Garmin Nuvi55 GPS which im obsessed with. My parents also got me a lot of other goodies. I made a 45 mintue video for my family of our year spent together when they all visted me in Colorado. It was a special day.

Since Christmas, well, my Dad introduced me to the Band Of Brothers series and besides the men in it being soooo hot, it is an amazing story. I reccomend watching it even if you aren't a war-buff. It's comedic at times and so moving.

I sometimes forget this is a healthy lifestyle blog! I get so excited to talk about the little things I've enjoyed that I forget. Speaking of random things, I bought SOY MILK PUMPKIN SPICE and have been putting it in my cofee and it is amazing! You can substitute it in pancakes and any other dessert that requires milk. Yummm....

On to the healthy lifestyle (somewhat)...
I shot a wedding all day yesterday so no gym for me and then hung out with my two best friends and played The Office trivia till 3am over some wine. So fun.

Today has been low-key. Went out to lunch with my sister and friend. Spurlged and got 1/2 buff.chick.ch.steak and 1/2 BLT with sweet pototao fries. I don't know how most bloggers nevvver spurge on the nitty gritty greasy deliousness! I bought the 1st season of Curb Your Enthusiasm so I've been watching that, sooo funny.

So about this week..
I won't be back till Sunday afternoon. Wish me luck! It's going to be a crazy couple of days following around the dancers and shooting long hours during the day. The weather is going to be in the low 60's so YAY! My parents/boss warned me about how crazy Bourbon Street gets on New Years Eve sooo since I'm the only girl going with 2 older men who may not wanna get WILD down there, I'll prob. watch the antics from my hotel room and explore the city on the little spare time I have during the day. I can't wait to see the French Quarter! I get to go on a boat ride too but with like 600 high schoolers (I'm shooting a documentary for their experience at the Sugar Bowl to perform).

As for eating healthy down there, I have no idea what to expect. I may not even eat some days until like 9. I'll be excersising enough by lugging my camera with me everywhere. Phew. So BON VOYAGE to me and I'll be seeing you Sunday....

Happy New Years everyone, drink one for me!

Quote of the year: A good traveler has no fixed plans or intent on arriving - Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment