Saturday, December 20, 2008

Rest Not

My house is an embarrassing mess. Has been for a while now. Seriously. I am ashamed. I haven't allowed anyone inside for longer than I care to admit.

Today is the day. The laundry is going. I've vaccummed the rug. Now here I am on the internet again... a great source of my timewasting.

The other great timewaster is my couch.
Since my Christmas gifts have all yet to be wrapped - I stacked them all on the sofa so that I have no choice but to keep moving!

The most brilliant thing I've done all week!

Also learned: if the kitchen floor ought to be washed, but it's not bad enough to compell me to actually get down on my hands and knees - inevitably, I'll break something made of glass.
For me, the only way to ensure that my perpetually barefoot self doesn't end up with a bloody shard a few days later when I've blissfully forgotten the risk... is a wet cloth.
Sometimes I think that's God's way of saying, "Seriously. Wash the floor."

No comments:

Post a Comment