Sunday, November 15, 2009

Todays Thankful...and Weekend Comments

I am thankful this weekend for weekends, in themselves! I mean, really, aren't you?

And since I didn't post yesterday, I will give two thankfuls! I am also thankful for friends, old and new. What would we do without our friends? Do you have a friend or 2 that accepts you just the way you are? A friend or 2 that you can tell anything to? A friend or 2 that does't criticize, judge or envy you or you her? I do. And I cherish that. I have friends in my life that I just relish. I am lucky. I love you, my friends. I hope I can be the kind of friend to others in those same ways. I saw an old friend today at church, and it was like we saw each other yesterday, instead of a long while. During the sign of peace, she gave me a hug and held me tight. It was wonderful. I hope you have friends like that...old and new.

Hard to believe the weekend is already winding down! I went out pheasant hunting with my hubby and a couple friends yesterday. They have asked me to go along a couple times, but this is the first time I went along. I just walked the lines, hoping to flush out pheasants. They were right...it was a LOT of exercise, I didn't have to go to the Y! It was especially a lot of exercise walking in the mud and snow with my boots on! It was just nice to be out moving around in the fresh air! I figure it won't hurt me to expand my horizons once in a while, huh? I grew up around hunting, and in fact, used to go out hunting with my dad--sometimes even our family went out. I'm just too soft hearted to really be a hunter! But I had a good time, and suprised my daughter, Tina, and my one sister, who is an avid hunter, by going out with the guys! Have a great rest of the weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment