Monday, November 9, 2009

Indian Summer


-a period of unusually warm weather in the autumn.


It's 70 degrees in Mass. and it was snowing 3 days ago....weather is a sarcastic little devil with a sense of humor....

My mom visited this weekend and reminded me how much I miss her and everyone back home. We stayed at a bed and breakfast, went out to dinner, beer/wine tastings, the Norman Rockwell Museum and shopping. It was another mini-retreat from my retreat life. I find it ironic I need a retreat from a retreat center. You can only take so many, "Tell me about how your feeling" conversations, I assume.


Monday has begun like every other Monday. Work. I HAD to open the windows around me and also got my Monday morning laundry done (the perks of living and working in the same place). I do miss having a clothesline at home to dry my clothes. I also really would love to sit on the beach today and read....then again I have a picturesque mountain view to work with so it's
all good. Life could be worse.
lately, I find myself in a weird limbo....I feel like I am developing and growing a lot since I have been here, and I find it strange it has not involved making a ton of friends and being super social. I have enjoyed being as you would call a semi-wallflower in the community here. I only share with a few people, though I know everyone and greet everyone I see. I feel the anonymity is freeing and also making me more aware of myself. My life may seem adventurous, obscure and unique to those not here, but in all actuality, I am just lucky I have ended up at a place that allows me to be myself, by myself sometimes. It sure has given me room to sit, breath in, and reflect on my journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment