Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dream Away Zombie Halloween

Me as Zombie Bride, my friend Morgan as "Fitness"
Last night's Halloween was something out of a movie....a fully entertaining, slightly obscure, amazingly fulfilling night.

First let me say it was FULLY entertaining walking through the main building where yoga classes and retreats are held, dressed as a zombie bride. Some participants are in full relax/meditation mode, and I probably f'ed that all up for them. It was kinda great though. For the most part my costume was well-recieved.

Then, we went to The Famous Dream Away Lodge which is rumored to have been an old Brothel back in the 2o's, which has seen the liks of Bob Dylan and Woodie Guthrie. It's in the middle of the woods, and you drive and drive through windy mountain roads until before your eyes sits the Dream Away. When you walk in you feel like you're entering a house party, because the layout is an old country house. There is a cash-only bar, an in-house band (who were guys all wearing gold underwear) and dogs on the premises, not to mention a fire pit. It was amazing. I felt like I was in a Halloween movie and at a really hip-cool party with verrrry interesting patrons.

I got a lot of praise for my costume. My friend did the makeup and after 2 showers,I still right now am trying to get the remains of it off. So, after Dream Away, we got lost for, oh, 2 hours through the shady mountains of Mass., and then, in pure Halloween, eerie, freaked-out fashion, drove passed a flipped over car with the headlights on. Another man was already there, but we were second on the scene. We waited there and my one friend who drove, went out (in pirate outfit) to check on the passengers. They were okay, but totally passed out drunk, upsidedown in the car. After the police got there we jetted home, while in the midst of it all, realized like in a Twilight Zone episode that we gained an hour for daylight savings time and it was only 2:20 instead of 3:20 in the morning.

It was definitely a memorable and once-in-a-lifetime Halloween to say the least

Why can't we dress up once a month??????????

I'm off to get free massage #2 from a massage school student here across the hall... Oh my life...;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment