Friday, November 13, 2009

Jersey Shore Show - Feeling Territorial

So, I don't have TV here, and was checking out the newstories about the Noreaster hitting my hometown right now in South Jersey and came upon this unnerving mtv show.




Now I know you hear it all the time from Jersey-born residents that this is not the Jersey Shore, well I stand by the overheard rebuttal. It isn't. These are not permanent residents, they are vacationers who travel from near and far, infesting our beaches. They do give us business, but at a cost of our sanity.

MTV has decided once again to take the scum of the state, place them in a free beach house with unlimited alcohol and attention and wa-la, you have yourself entertainment.

Being a Jersey shore local, I have had my fair-share of run ins with "the shoobies", and worst off, "the guido shoobie" who thinks you can get to NYC directly from Long Beach Island, NJ, an ISLAND.

Once again local jersey shore residents are put in a bad light, but in stereotypical jersey-form, we endure the backlash, survive the shoobies, and know where the true heart of jersey resides.

So glad I don't have TV at this moment,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment