Sunday, November 22, 2009

Todays Thankful...and Weekend Comments

I didn't post Saturday, so I will have two "Thankful" comments today. I am thankful for my church. I really feel it is a home, a community, a family. I think for a person to feel at home in their church is very important. Our church is beautiful. But, more importantly, I feel at home there and a part of that family, a part of that community. At mass on Saturday, I felt that Father picked the homily just for me. It was about christian grace. I know how easy it is to slip into the way of being resentful, being angry or feeling like you need to prove something, to prove that you are right, to prove that you know best, even if you are wrong. So easy for me to be human, right? I try really hard to improve myself, see the positive, be forgiving and accepting. I sometimes get into the rut and the bad habit of not doing that, of not being the true Christian. I only hope that my shortcomings are accepted by those I love and care about, because I usually do the wrong things, not out of purposefulness, but out of being careless, without intention. I will continue to try to change myself into being a good, caring, accepting person and someone my grandmas would be proud of.

I am thankful today for my weekly phone calls with my parents. I try to call them every week at least once...and what a gift that is to me. I enjoy the conversations more than anyone can know. It grounds me, and makes my week start off on a great note. What joy I get from talking with them!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment