Friday, February 27, 2009

A pain in the groin

I'm out for the count.

So, I definitely felt like I pulled something Saturday after Pilates, yet thought it was just a random weird pain that would go away. So, I proceed to run the farthest I ever had Monday, do yoga then Tuesday work out again. Wednesday go on a farm interview, help them prune raspberry bushes for 3 hours and now I am screwed. I pulled my groin, aggravated it and can't really function normally. I can walk but simple things like sitting and standing hurt, (AND pushing down on the clutch to shift in my car,). So, goodbye my uphill climb to training to run a 5k for now and working out at all. I'm an idiot and should have taken it easy. It is what it is.

Besides the injury, everything is good. My interview went well, I am still on the fence about actually doing it... I am keeping all my options open right now.

So, in lieu of my "injury" if you even call it that, I am going to make some oatmeal watch mindless morning talk-shows and relax....

P.S. Here is my recipe for the soup I made! It was Scallop/Pea Chowder!



* 5 to 6 cups chicken stock, (I used Wolfgang Puck Rotisserie Chicken)
* 1 to 2 cups water
* 2 large onions diced
* 2 cups mushrooms
* 2 green peppers diced
* 3 celery stalks cut
* 3 potatoes diced
* 2 lb SCALLOPS (fresh is best)
* 1 1/2 lbs peas (I used frozen and they were delish)
* A LOT OF FRESH SAGE (this makes it come together)
* S & P to taste
* 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1 bay leaf
* 2 tbsp old bay

Steam peas lightly for 10 minutes.
Combine onions, mushrooms, peppers and olive oil into pan until soft. Then, add celery, peas, potatoes, chicken stock. Cook until soft. Add bay leaf & heavy cream. Transfer to pot (or if you're like me and not a bodybuilder, transfer everything before adding the second round)

Cut scallops into desired size, I quartered them. Sprinkle with old bay, place in soup. Add sage & sp in sprinkles for about 15/20 minutes (or just throw it all in if you're impatient, haha) Scallops will be cooked through in 6/7 minutes!! ENJOY!

This soup was a hit with my family and a bunch of my friends (even the picky ones). It's light enough, herby enough and hearty enough for a winter day! (AND it tasted better the second day, yum)

AND Angela is giving away something that involves the words Jillian and Shred....and it'll kick your butt into gear..so go CHECK IT OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment