Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Healthy Obsession

I realized today that I am obsessed and completely fascinated with health food stores and natural remedy aisles. I went into our local health food store with my Dad today and was reading every single label, reading the origin of the products and gazing at all the teas, beauty products etc... I don't even know how much time flew by but I was totally enthralled in it. It's actually an education reading the health food labels, (and takes less time because clearly less ingredients). I left with a Kombucha, Guava Synergy & Desert Essence tea tree oil lip gloss.

Then we went to the library where I subconsciously ended up in the health food/healthy living book section, where I picked up a seasonal soup book & a book about the spirituality of yoga. Also 2 discs of Big Love (indulgence). So today I am channeling my inner health freak I guess.

This week has been pretty uneventful. No job call backs, I've been applying all over, and my part-time gig is low key right now. I am highly considering moving to a farm and volunteering or doing something "out of the box" because the "in the box" options right now are very limited. Maybe this health obsession is a pull in a different professional direction...who knows. I need a new challenge/adventure

Been going to the gym. I ran all the way to the bay at the end of my road which equals 1.7 miles (I stopped twice for about a minute) which made me happy. My running is definitely improving. I also got bangs 3 days ago courtesy of my friend. It snowed 5 inches yesterday. I made a tapenade today and stuffed peppers last night for dinner. Yeah why do you care, haha and basically this has been a random entry and I should go now.

(scurries away)



It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

P.S. - Angela at Oh She Glows is holding a Healthy Valentines Day Giveaway! You have to send her your own healthy recipe somehow related to Valentines Day and you win an Oh She Glows tank and 5 boxes of Amy's Organic Crackers. I've already entered so now it's your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment