Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh Happy Day


happy happy happy happy....

Today was a good day.

I have been "job hunting" FOREVER and "soul searching" forever and today I feel like I might have found a way to "find" both at the same time. Since living in the mountains last summer I have been intrigued by the production of produce (organic) from the farm. I swear I have had this itching inside of me to pick up everything and run an organic farm, raise little children have a mountain man husband and be content with the simplicity of life, haha. Well lets back up a little...

Tomorrow I have another "farm apprenticeship" interview only 1 1/2 hours from my house. It's too good to be true. I'll be paid well, fed, housed and taught everything I'd need to know about agricultural management. I went from an electronic media/video editor/wedding event girl to this. I know. But it's the first time I've felt "good" with the direction I was going. Who knows where it'll lead, if I'll even defintely get the apprenticeship but....today was a good day:-)

Besides the mentally good day, today was physically good as well. My sister and I attended the best strength class in the gym, and I did 15 minutes on the stairmaster. Last night I also ran 2.65 miles (taking 2 minute break) and that was such an accomplishment for me. I notice my muscles getting more pronouned and stronger esp. in my arms. Still need to get the weight down more...baby steps.

AND....I made delicious scallop/pea chowder which was soo friggin' good. It was a hit at home. My family is on a soup kick or something.

I also took the next step with contacting this guy I like...that's a little bit of a secret and I'm totally freaked out...soooo subject change.

Do you ever get those days where everything seems aligned? Today was this for me:-)

Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment