Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love Detox



So in celebration of Valentines Day I have a big announcement! I have committed to a week long fruit/veggie detox diet. My sister has been on one for 8 days and she says she has never felt better. I decided why not be the anti-valentine and swear off all indulgences starting today, lol, depressing right? I want to mainly juice/blend the fruits and veggies too. So here's the plan:

- Juiced/blended fruits veggies into drinks 2/3 times a day
- Almond Breeze is allowed:) for smoothness...yum
- Nuts are allowed in moderation (flax seeds too)
- So far coffee is a no-go but I am totally banking on breaking that one
- Alcohol is a no-go (bloody mary's don't count, vegetable juice soooo there)

I'm going to continue working out how I always have too

My last day will be next Saturday where I will be celebrating 2 close friends bdays!

I know this detox isn't from some manual or book, but it's altered to the way I want it. I am NOT doing this to solely loose weight, I want to gain clarity, rid myself of nastiness, and test my strength. My sister also inspired me!

So for day one:

I decided to create Angela from Oh She Glows's GREEN MONSTER that she raves about. It was good, filling but a little thick. I ended up eating it with a spoon, lol. But it filled me up!

I went to see Slumdog Millionaire with my mom and it was AMAZING!!!! I started getting the caffeine headache around now. We went and bought a blender too and it's pretty much awesome so that's another added motivation.

Got home made an Almond Breeze/ mixed berry smoothie with fresh blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and some apple too. I'm gonna need to buy frozen fruit because it's so expensive.

I feel like at this place in my "road to health" I need this. My routine is getting old, I need answers (see previous post), and detoxing is always something I wanted to try. So encouragement is welcome and godspeed to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment