Tuesday, February 24, 2009

About the Trip...

Happy Tuesday!

I had hoped to get some "real" pictures to add to my post, but they are kinda blurry if I remember right, so you'll have to just imagine that the graphics go along here. My friend, S, and I traveled to a small town, Arnold, in Nebraska to visit their school. Two other guys went as well. One of those guys was an annoying *ss. But, that's not my story. At least not now.

Anyway, we needed to get gas when we got to Arnold. So we found a gas station that said 24 hour service...use your credit card. So, we stop, and I get out with the credit card and the nice guy with us got out to pump gas. I walk around the pumps with the credit card. There is no place to put your card in on the pumps. Finally an attendant comes out and tells me I have to "come over by the buildin'."

Over by the building is a little wood stand that has a machine in it that you have to run the credit card through. Then you have to put in the pump you want to use. The attendant told me to put pump #3 (which turned out to be the most expensive pump---go figure!) Then, you go and pump the gas. After you are done pumping the gas, you go back to the little wooden box and run the credit card again to retrieve a receipt.

That's pretty up-town, don't ya think?

I personally think it would have been just as fast to go inside and pay. And, I was thankful that we were not there at night when there was no attendant to tell us what to do! I am sure the people in their town have probably figured it all out....but for us "city folk" (which we really are NOT)...it was quite the ordeal.

You may remember my recent gas station experiences, including the one in Grand Island, among other times. I truly do feel that I am "gas station impaired"!! Where is Goober when you need him?

Tomorrow--the modern day motel workout room.

No comments:

Post a Comment