Monday, September 21, 2009

Sammy Sighs

Hi. It's me...Sammy

I wanted to tell you about my super fun weekend. Well, it was mostly fun. On Saturday I was hanging out with Mom on the front porch waiting for Dad to come home.... don't I just look pitifully sad?

On Sunday, though, Mom went on a bike ride. I was pretty worried about that, hoping she is not going to have any more accidents this year.

Well, anyway, when she got home, she said "let's go to the dog park". I didn't know what she meant, but it sound prett
y exciting. She put on our harnesses and off we went walking. After about a mile, we "arrived". Our dog park hasn't been open very long, and this is the first time we have visited it. You go through this gate area and then you are IN! It is big and wonderful, and Sissy and I had a really good time. We made lots of new friends, and Mom was really proud of us because we were everly so friendly to the other pooches and their famblies. I even jumped up on one doggies' owner's lap just to say hi and make sure he knew I was nice and could get along with everyone. There were lots of dogs there and mom went a little nuts taking pictures.

You can see them all here: Dog Park - September 2009 Be sure and read the captions, so you know what she saw. I was so busy running around and making friends it was hard for her to get some photos!! Sissy and I ran back near Mom a lot to just reassure her in case she was nervous about meeting everyone. It wasn't because we were nervous at first at all...really, honest!

There is som
e fun playground equipment there too, I jumped over the one low hurdle a couple times just to show mom I could do it, and both Sissy and I went through the plastic tunnel. I think Freddie was the best friend we made. I am putting his picture on here. But, I hope you look at all of them on the link above, because we made lots of fun furry friends.

When we got home, Mom gave us both baths and then we took naps because we were so tired from all our running around. Then, we got to share a dish of ice cream. Pretty much this was a perfect dog day.

Thanks, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment