Thursday, September 24, 2009

Act don't react

It sounds like a slogan we all heard back in 4th grade, when learning about how to take car of a bully. When you think about the actual context of that saying, it rings true to so many aspects of our daily lives. Each day, my Kundalini group has been meeting and doing an "Act don't React" chakra. We've been using the simple, "Arms over your head for 11 minutes" action and comparing it to how we deal with our days. At first you feel as if you can handle it, your arms aren't hurting as much, then instead of repelling the amount of pain you begin to feel as the minutes go on, you embrace it and handle it as it comes.

When the girls and I talked, we all felt like the day after we did the chakra, we all felt unstoppable; we felt like we could handle anything...Instead of reacting to the bad (much like the pain when we hold our hands up), we embraced the bad with the good and didn't try to distract ourselves from the present emotion. This DID cause most of us to have pretty intense emotions all day.

Personally, I've been unbelievably happy and grounded since beginning the "Arms project", haha. I don't know if it is attributed to actually lifting my hands over my head for 11 minutes the past couple of days, or meeting with the girls and reflecting, but all I know is this "supposed" transformation of letting anger and everything out seems to be happening. My dreams also have been very emotional and visual... don't know why....

Each day at 5:55 we will be raising our hands for the 11 minutes and hopefully coming out transformed, or just a little humbled by the simple life lesson holding your hands over your head helps you learn...


P.S. - The CBS shoot was amazing. I had a great turnout out for the yoga class and so many guys showed up which was both adorable and thoughtful. This place really is amazing....

I'm heading back to Jersey this weekend. Maybe I'll bestow the "Arm's project" on a couple of my weary friends who think for the most part that I am gonna turn into a Patchouli wearing Birkenstock wearing hippy up here.... Which is def. not true.

Wait....shoot. I'm wearing my Birkenstocks today.... only because they're comfy.... riiiiiiiiiiight.

<3Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment