Monday, September 21, 2009

Kundalini

Tonight was magical.

It was one of the best nights I have ever had. New, fun, emotional, high, low, amazing.

One of the girls here hosted a "Kundalini" night, (Kundalini is a practice of concentrating breathing exercises to awaken different chakras in your body (i.e. your heart, mind, digestion even sex drive haha). Basically it's to awaken. After you do the exercises (for about 2 mintues each) you feel almost high or in a different state of consciousness due to the immense amount of oxygen you are breathing in and the poses you're in.

We all were dressed in ridiculous clothing, drew ridiculous pictures and just had a ridiculous time. It's hard to explain the great energy and fun into words. It was simplicity and it was bliss and it reminded me why I came here in the first place. To share the joys and craziness of life with the ones around you... without any outside distractions or entertainment but each other. I felt like a kid again, almost.

At the end we did a posture and held our arms in it for 11 minutes. If you do it supposedly for 40 days, for 11 minutes holding your arms out and up, you'll feel changed at the end. It is supposed to let go of all anger. We all did it together and some were yelling, crying, laughing and I was on the silent side near the end. My arms were shaking and we all wanted to give up but we endured it. So crazy, so fun, so great.

AND maintenance took down my bunk-bed so I am upgraded to a sole single bed. I'm moving up in the world.

CBS shoot madness begins tomorrow here... DUN DUN DUN. Just find my inner strength and stillness and I'll make it through. Like Kundalini, chaotic yet awakening.


Peace,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment