Sunday, September 13, 2009

Getting "centered"

Hello from Massachusetts! I have up and left everything that was familiar for the unfamiliar. I accepted an internship at the biggest yoga and wellness center in the country. It's been a pretty emotionally charged couple of days. To sum it up in simplistic terms, I have never experienced more warmth, loneliness, aliveness, energy, fear, and anticipation in all my life. PHEW. Here I am. sitting in a house with 35 other interns/volunteers here to do anything from marketing to making beds. My room is small but livable, but I am learning living off the kitchen is no fun. It's loud and I know I'm gonna get annoyed, lol.

Since being here I've tried out over a dozen different yoga classes/workshops to get acquainted. They were all amazing. I've been kayaking, watched a concert and learned tai-chi. My job is related to public relations, and I am basically my own boss, since my boss will be at a remote office. It is a little intimidating, being that I only halfway know what I am doing, and I will have to make a lot of judgment calls.

My body feels stretched and almost healed after the strenous summer of serving coffee to vacationers. The food here is delish, but I could see how people get sick of it. It IS all organic/natrual goodness. I had a piece of vegan cheesecake even.

Waking up every morning at practicing yoga then walked 50ft to work is pretty amazing. The loud voices outside the kitchen right now are not. I guess there is some dark while getting closer to the light.

I miss home, but being only 4 hours from there is comforting.

I need to get some sleep. I'm slightly nervous about tomorrow... ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment