Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Things I Learned Over "Girls' Weekend #3

Lesson #3
Being pampered can be a lot of work!

We arrived at the salon about 9 am. First on the list was a facial. I have never had one before (yea, yea, I live a sheltered life). It was awesome. I loved it. Not so sure about the moisturizer and sunscreen, my skin felt kinda sticky for a while, but it was great! Especially enjoyed the hot towels parts! My esthetician said "well, you can do that at home, just get your towel damp and microwave it and have someone fetch it for you". Hmmm....just don't think anyone at my house is gonna be fetching a towel from the microwave for me...

Then it was manicure/pedicure time. I
didn't get a manicure because I actually do treat myself to get my nails done. Surprise!! Well, anyway, it was my first pedicure ever! I was leery about having someone touch my feet. I also think my feet are ugly. Icky. You know...just feet. But, it was good. I'd do it again sometime! Loved the sugar scrub and hot towels. Maybe I just like hot towels? :-) Here's my pretty pink toes in their fun disposable flip flops!

We had met our Lisa there and she had joined us in our fun day...she is a facial esthetician. After lunch, we were treated to a makeup session, where we learned tips and got pretty! She did an awesome job!

It took most of the day and we were tired, and maybe too relaxed from all the hot towels or something, but not sure we could be very high maintenance kinds of gals. :-) But, it was great....

More to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment