Monday, July 5, 2010

The Long Journey Home

Well, I have lots of catching up on blogging to do. I have been busy with work and then with my grandkids and the big Independence Day weekend.

Brooklyn was able to visit for a couple weeks and Chloe got to come for about 5 1/2 days, so we really enjoyed that!!

We went "home" to our parents homes for the holiday weekend.
We were pretty excited to be getting a four day weekend! We headed out on Thursday night when hubby got off work. We loaded up the Denali with clothes, suitcases, swimwear, food, coolers, cases of water and pop, etc. Then, we had five of us "peoples" in it, and two dogs! We stopped here:


This was an hour from home. We would then have one more hour of driving before arriving at my parent's home in Wyoming. I stayed in the car with the dogs while the others went in to make selections for their firework fun.

When hubby came out, the car would not start. It sounded like it may want to, but just wouldn't. We finally called a friend. It was really hot and the consensus was that it was either vapor locked or the fuel pump had gone out. We prayed for vapor lock. No luck, car would not start after waiting the appropriate amount of time. I called my sister, who lived in the same town we were stuck in. She came and got us, took the kids to her house, and hubby and I borrowed her car to come back home and get another vehicle. The grandkids and our oldest daughter stayed at my sister's house during our journey back home to get another vehicle, walked to an eatery and played Wii. Hubby and I drove the hour back, borrowed a friends' suburban (our car would not hold all of the things we had packed plus all of us). Then we drove back the hour to the broken down vehicle, unloaded everything from our vehicle to the borrowed vehicle, took our vehicle keys to the key drop at the Chevrolet dealer's repair shop, with instructions of where it was and what was wrong, picked up the three travelers from my sister and headed on to my folks'.

Our two hour drive "home" took us about 7 hours total.

What a night!

*Footnote: It was the fuel pump, and it is all fixed, just have to rob a bank and pick it up...to the tune of around 1100.00...YIKES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment