Monday, August 31, 2009

Noel Gallagher Opens Up About Leaving Band Oasis After a fight With Brother Liam Gallagher

Noel Gallagher recently had an ugly fight with his brother Liam Gallagher, bad enough for him to decide to leave the band Oasis. Read what Noel had to say below-


Noel took to his website on Friday to discuss his decision to leave the band. Some of Noel’s reasons for leaving include “violent and verbal intimidation” and a “lack of support”.


“The details are not important and of too great a number to list,” Noel Gallagher said in the latest statement, posted on Saturday. “I feel you have the right to know that the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support and understanding from my management and bandmates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.


Noel Gallagher thanked his fans for Oasis’ “amazing” 18-year run, adding that his time in the band was a “dream come true.” Noel Gallagher said, “I take with me glorious memories.”

Noel apologized to fans for missing shows at England’s V Festival and in Paris, where Noel and brother Liam Gallagher reportedly fought backstage. Noel’s original statement on Friday said he “simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.”


“Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I’m afraid it’s all I’ve got,” Noel Gallagher wrote on Saturday. “Again, I can only apologize — although I don’t know why. It was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren’t up to it. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a family and a football team to indulge.”

No comments:

Post a Comment