Monday, January 11, 2010

Helping Mr. Fixit

Do you remember how much I love my Dyson? Remember when I got it? (Read here...) Well, right after Christmas, I was vacuuming and found that my vacuum wasn't working. The brush wasn't rotating. Wellllllllll....... hubby tore it apart, and after some not nice moments, got it apart and found that the clutch belt had broken. I got online and found one and got it ordered. My friend lent me a vacuum to use, because, well, as you may know, I just have to vacuum. Lots. I like to vacuum. Lots.

Anyways, last week the belt arrived, so finally on Sunday, hubby decided to fix it. I was downstairs folding laundry when he bellered. So, upstairs I come, and he says I need your help. (I am thinking to myself, Oh, Great!...ugh!)

I had to load up a uTube video that we had found when we were trying to figure out what was at first wrong. Yes, there are uTube videos showing you how to fix your Dyson. Hmm. Well, I found the video, then another, then more directions, and yet we were STILL trying to get the blankety blank clutch put back into the vacuum. Of course, I had to sit there and "try" to be helpful. Hubby didn't appreciate me telling him "Hey, this site says the guy had it all fixed in 10 minutes!" I thought it would be encouraging but he said something to the effect that maybe I could get that guy here to fix this one. And, that was said in between bouts of the words "I hate Dyson. I hate Dyson people." Hmm. I tried to just be patient, and ever so helpful.

After a while, and WAY longer than 10 minutes (more like way over one hour), he found out he was putting it in wrong, popped it in and was done. Hmm.

Guess it could have been 10 minutes after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment