Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haitian 2012 No Blockbuster




I know that this blog primarily focuses on the escapist entertainment that world of cinema provides. Yet the devastation that the earthquake in Haiti caused is just too painful to ignore. I do not have any personal ties to Haiti, although the majority of my relatives live in the Caribbean, but I still want to do my part to help in any way I can. So instead of doing a piece on this weekend’s Golden Globes, and their possible Oscar ramifications, I merely want to highlight two organizations that are collecting money to help provide aide to the citizens of Haiti:


Red Cross
Primate's World Relief and Development Fund


For the all film buffs who are thinking “that sad news but not my problem”, I encourage you to go out and rent films set in, or are directly about Haiti, such as Miami Vice, Vers Le Sud, etc. Hopefully this will inspire you to donate at least one dollar towards the relief efforts. Let’s not wait for a documentary about this catastrophe to come out before we decide to get involved.


Thank you,

CS

No comments:

Post a Comment