Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The best medicine is...

family!   I was lucky enough to spend this past weekend with my parents and mother in law.   Just what the doctor ordered!

I guess you never out grow needing your parents!

We visited with my parents  a lot, and just enjoyed everything!   We got to visit with my mother in law both days too!   My folks took us out to a favorite little Mexican restaurant (Liras) on Saturday night  and my sister joined us.   It was quite yummy!   I had one of their super good (and large) margaritas too!   My mom baked a very delicious cake and we enjoyed that in the evening!   Then, my sister invited me over to visit on the deck with her neighbors and a friend, so I walked over and joined them a while.  It was all in all a very relaxing wonderful Saturday!   Then Sunday, I got to attend my home town church with my mom and sister...a small gathering, but  a very good service.   The visiting minister was someone I attended school with (he graduated a year ahead of me, and I was friends with his sister).  I always enjoy attending the church I grew up in.   I just feel at home there.  (Not that I don't love my church and church family here!)   After church I joined my husband at my mother inlaws and had one of her wonderful homemade mexican food breakfasts, and visited with more family there as well.   After visiting, we loaded up and headed home.   It was just the weekend I needed !!   The dogs love going to see "grandma and grandpa" too! (and they are starting to be nice to their cousin dog, Kya, finally!)

I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents, mother in law and family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment