Sunday, February 13, 2011

Things that Matter Most...

As Valentine's day approaches, I have been thinking. Sometimes it is the smallest things in life that matter the most. For me, it is surprising what that can be. It's not getting flowers or gifts--it is the every day things. The fact that my husband just helps pick up after supper, the times he'll just drive thru Starbucks (or other coffee places) just so I can have a "foofoo" coffee and he doesn't even like them, the way he is such a great dad and grandpa, the funny way he talks to our dogs, listening to him talk on the phone to his mom each week, all the little ordinary things that happen .. that is what matters to me...

“Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”

What things matter most to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment