Thursday, January 27, 2011

Five Films to Check Off the “Must See” List By the End of February


Like most movie fans, I have a large number of films on my personal “must see” list. Now with the Oscar nominations out, this list has just gotten bigger. Considering I have not put a dent in my list for a few months now, I have decided to pick out five random films that I will finally set aside time to see over the next month. Similar to weight loss, it is all about taking the small steps to achieving the overall goal. While not all of them may be considered cinematic gems, here is what is on tap for the coming month:

The Ghost Writer: I won a free copy of this film months ago and it has been sitting on top of my DVD player staring at me ever since.

The King’s Speech: It is the only one of the Best Picture nominees that I have not yet seen. Although, there are a bunch of other Oscar films to see (especially the documentaries and foreign films), I shall start with this one.


Unthinkable: A co-worker lent me this Samuel L. Jackson film several months ago and it has slowly made its way to the bottom of the pile. I seriously need to watch it and return it.

Enter the Void: Gaspar Noé’s follow up to Irreversible received high praise from several of the bloggers at the monthly pub night this week.

The Good, The Bad, The Weird: Okay, I did attempt to watch this late one night but fell asleep within the first 15 minutes. This is not a knock against the film, but more a reflection of the gruelling work week. The Good, The Bad, The Weird has been on the list for a few years now so this is a must see in the coming month.

No comments:

Post a Comment