Tuesday, November 18, 2008

You Shoulda Put A Ring On It

I'm rather indifferent to Beyonce's music, mainly because I don't typically seek out music. I just listen to what comes to me.

But because of the spoofy skit on SNL this weekend - and a dancer imitating her new video on The Bonnie Hunt show this morning (LOVE Bonnie Hunt BTW) I found myself singing her new song this morning.

Single Ladies

The 'refrain' if you will, goes "If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it" It's bouncy and catchy and where I am in my life right now.

So I'm getting dressed to go to the office of my new job. Today I fill out employment paperwork. And as I'm looping my belt through my pants, I'm singing "if you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it!" and I hear a familiar ring.

It's my cell phone with Mr. Burns' personalized ring tone. It's a happy little ditty that always made me smile - I used to call it my Pavlovian signal!

I freeze. Okay, it's been a month and a half (but who's counting) and I haven't heard from him. Suddenly. Today. He calls.

I let it go to voicemail. It took a long time.

He said he's been having a really hard time with this (our breakup) and he would like to just get in touch, maybe get together and talk.

Truth be told, I would like that too.

He said he would respect it if I didn't want him to contact me again. So he's totally playing it right.

So anyway - since I have a busy day today I'm going to wait to return the call.
Right now, my gut tells me that I do want to talk to him.
I'll probably wait until tomorrow afternoon (after work) to call him back. Make him sweat it a little more.

What would you do?

Oh oh ooh oh oh ooh

No comments:

Post a Comment