Thursday, November 20, 2008

An Addiction? No. I Can Stop Any Time I Want!

I just don't want to.
Since I got the word of my new job - I've made two trips to Ross (like TJMaxx) one to Macy's and another to The Gap.
I guess I feel that I deserve a little splurge after 14 months of frugal living while unemployed.

I found the cutest scarf ever. I'm amazed I haven't received a compliment on it yet. Is that vain?












Two awesome belts. I can never find belts that I like so this was a coup.













Two cute sundresses one for 5.99 and one for 8.99. I eagerly await the month of May.

An adorable, cheerful yellow top, perfect for summer, but I'm trying to find a way to wear it this winter. Which lead me to The Gap.

Now I know why they call it the Gap - because their clearance rack helps fill the gaps in your wardrobe! When you find something and think that would be perfect with a _____ if I could find one... go to Gap's clearance rack.

That's where I found the long sleeve tee (11.99) that I'm hoping to layer with the yellow top for fall. What do you think? Is that cute or dorky? Remember I'm 38 years old! I think it's cute but I feel a bit like a kindergarten kid in it. What say you, internets?
There, I also found an irresistible top that I got 20% off due to the make-up smudge.










But I am most excited about the amazing BCBG sweater I found at Macy's! I very rarely spend full price on clothes... and even at 40% off the sweater was still $82. I had to walk away from it to listen to the voice of reason. I don't know whether it was reason that won out or not - but I bought it. The cashier offered to ring it up pre-sale for the event they're having on Saturday. So it came to $52 - which was easier to take. For BCBG - A STINKIN' STEAL!!!!

Sorry, I can't show it to you because Macy's is holding it hostage until Nov 22nd. As per the pre-sale.

So yes... I admit I have a bit of a shopping addiction. But I CAN stop when I want/need to. When money is tight and there's none coming in, I can buckle down.

Honestly, I had so much shopping pent up inside me - it had to come out. Did I NEED any of it? No. But who cares? It doesn't hurt to celebrate a little.

Under $200 - hardly constitutes a splurge. I'll start a budget with my new job, and work to plan my purchases better. But I admit I love a good bargain scrounge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment